Friday, April 6, 2012

Laying Out The Plan

For years I've figured out I like life (well,at least mornings) better if I lay out my clothes the night before. This is an effortless thing for me that makes me happy and sets the tone for my day. I decided that I will "lay out" my food from now on just like I lay my clothes each night before I go to bed. If I plan what I am going to eat before hand then I am more likely to choose more nutritious things instead of a quick fix that keeps the ol' flab manifesting. Last night I planned for Bare Naked granola with skim milk for breakfast this morning. I also got up 15 minutes earlier and enjoyed having a few minutes of quiet (except for the crunching of granola) to gather my thoughts for the day. It was nice. I planned mixed nuts for the much-needed snack after lunch wears off because it's a MUFA (Monounsaturated fatty acid.) MUFA's are supposedly research's good fat that helps eliminate squish around the belly. I measured my waste, and want to eat a MUFA at nearly every meal for a month as part of my own little science experiment. It's a good thing I love MUFAs. Effortless health. I always eat lunch at work because quality control is part of my job, but I purposely ate less so I could have my nutty MUFA snack. Last night I also "looked" some beans for Wayne so he had pintos and cornbread ready when I got home. It made the day less stressful, more efficient, and more healthful knowing what we would eat today. Good day that began with a plan.
..."And I love it when a plan comes together."

Nutritional Nugget:
MUFAs are FAB! Dark Chocolate, Olives, Olive Oil, Nuts, Seeds, and Avacados. YUM! I'll take a MUFA! The thing is that MUFAs are fat so they are higher in calories. I'm trying to stay around 400 calories including the MUFA at each meal and a snack. Calories add up fast, so to compensate for the calories and still get full, I'm trying to increase my fiber. My carbs/fiber are whole grains, beans, whole fruits and lots more veggies. I like all these flavors a lot, but even more than that, I love how they make me feels after I eat them. Girl's gotta eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment