Monday, November 5, 2012

Eating In The Pressure Cooker.

I found another one I meant to post in June....

I was doing well and enjoying my new healthful habits. I was exercising more, sleeping better, choosing more healthful food choices, and losing weight. Then I went through two weeks of stress because of my job. It’s routine that the inspectors come at least once a year to sniff out deficiencies and help us become more excellent, but that doesn’t make it any less stressful. I know that one day, I’ll be able to walk through times like these without pressure at all. Currently, I am not there, and I’m just fine with that.

Not only was the stress dreadful for my brain and body, but the schedule that went with it was hard on my diet and exercise regimen that I so enjoyed. I was thankful for the lessons on patience that I have learned. I allowed myself to “get through it” without putting added expectations that I MUST lose weight this week. I still made good choices when I could, but I just maintained my weight during this time.

I’m finally back to life as usual and once again enjoying sneaking in exercise and monitoring my diet to help me lose weight. I was happy to see how kind I was to myself. I’ve come a long way. I used to think it was the right thing to put pressure on myself.  Now I see the LIFE in resting.  I’m very excited to get back dropping the poundage.

Oh and by the way, I was deficiency free!   (It never pays to worry.)  

Bread of Life.
There is no flaw in you.  Can you believe that?   It's TRUE!

Nutritional Nugget
Raw eggs are yucky. I know Rocky did it, but not only is it a big salmonella risk, but raw eggs bind up a B vitamin called biotin. I’m in favor of cooked eggs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment