Monday, May 6, 2013

Cupcakes

"You lost me at cupcake..."

I was another pound down when I weighed this morning.  Yes, I'm surprised!  Yesterday I ate at least three cupcakes.  Say Wha?  Of course they were a healthier version, but a cupcake is a cupcake right?  Apparently not.

My 5-year-old, Jack, was really excited for cupcakes, but he said he would only eat half of one because he didn't want to get fat.  I told him how I had made them healthier.  So then he was excited to eat the whole thing!    The boys preferred them without frosting.

 I made these with more protein, fiber, and vitamins, and less sugar and fat.   The cake recipe is a version from the  cookbook,  "Deceptively Delicious".   I experimented with the frosting.  I only added the coconut oil for the nutrition, but I did like the texture very much. They were definitely a treat.  They were so yummy!   My favorite part was that I didn't feel "yucky" after I ate it.  It was very satisfying.  Another example of how more healthful things can taste good and promote weight loss.  You don't have to be a food nazi to have health.  Choose natural ingredients as often as you can!

Yellow Cup Cakes with Hawaiian  Frosting

A yellow cake mix
2 egg whites plus 1 egg
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons of oil
6 oz yogurt
1 cup pumpkin
Mix up, and bake on 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

The frosting...(I was experimenting.)

Blend together:
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained. (Get the canned that is in juice rather than syrup)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3oz vanilla pudding powder
8oz cool whip or whipped cream

I thought they were really good.   I forgot to grab breakfast at home this morning.  I almost headed home to grab one of these this morning even though it would have made me late to work.   Oh well.  Looking forward to one after supper tonight.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment