Monday, May 6, 2013

Pancakes


I've probably talked about pancakes more than any other type of recipe.  I love "panty cakes" and they are so easy to practice with various ingredients and power pack them with nutrition.

My latest version was a multigrain pancake.  I went to the health-food aisle and bought almond, tapioca, and brown rice flours.  I experimented with almond flour first.  I still used whole wheat and
Unbleached flour, but you wouldn't have to.  Substitute the amount of wheat flours for gluten free versions.

1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup Unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 eggs
2 cups coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sour cream

Mix dry ingredients then the wet.  Serve with real maple syrup.  Yum!   I especially liked the slightly crunchy texture of the almond flour.  I think I must always make them with that flour.

Next time I will add a cup of sweet potato purée.  Can't wait!

Little Ben helped me make the pancakes.  He was especially excited to try them.  Normally he waits until somebody might feed him. But before I knew it, he had his mouth filled full of pancakes and he just gave me a big thumbs up.  Boy-approved for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment