Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today's Success

Today my regular routine pretty much got thrown out the window.   It was a tough day to choose health.

I didn't sleep well last night. 
I ate sausage biscuits and drank some orange juice.
I snacked around a lot on salty peanut and M&M-laden trail mix.
I ate chips.
I ate two pieces of pizza.
I ate a small spinach salad, but it had thick homemade ranch on it.
I drank a Pepsi.
I drank a really sugary hot chocolate.

I felt like crap.

So what in the world could be my success on my feel good plan?


Because I knew I was too full, I declined the ice cream cake.  SUCCESS!

When I got to the end of my day and felt really terrible, I asked myself, "What would make me feel good?" I decided my only hope was to go for a walk and drink lots of water.  I got the boys down for bed and decided to walk for ten minutes only in the driveway.  It was a nice night.  The more I walked, the better I felt.  I ended up forgetting about the time because I was enjoying myself so much and I walked for two miles.  SUCCESS!

As I walked, I got a lot of positive thinking done.  SUCCESS!

I came back in and did something I REALLY enjoy.  SUCCESS!

Boy, do I feel good!

These little successes probably haven't made me lose weight today directly, but the better I feel, the more likely I'll choose to feel good tomorrow too.  I'm going to go to bed happy tonight.  It's worth the weight to feel happy.

Feeling good = Happiness.
Happiness = Success.
Successes = Weight loss.

This math works.   Just got to focus on the feeling good part to get that ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment