Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 8 Food For Thought: My First Weigh-To-Go!

I lost 5.6 pounds! A big thank you to all of you who read this blog because it helped keep me accountable!

In the past I would have rewarded myself for losing weight. The reward would most likely be food, like I deserve the brownie sundae with pralines and cream smothered in hot fudge complete with whipped cream and nuts. (Hmmmm...but that does sound good...) Although I am very, very, very happy I lost some poundage, I realize now that my self worth is not based on what I can do and how good I can do it. It is a big confidence builder that I did lose this week, but it is not about the number of pounds on the scale. I am worthy no matter if I weigh 90 pounds or 900 pounds. My jeans still fit a little too tight, but I feel some skinny in my heart today. There were times during today when I actually forgot I was overweight. I don't ever remembering that happening before. It was such a revelation for me when I realized that I wasn't hungry for food, I was hungry for the bread of life as I mentioned in my Day 6 post. I don't feel like I need a reward or a pat on the back. I know this weight loss is fruit of what is happening on the inside. I'm casting my care, laying down burdens, accepting myself. Even before I weighed, today I was content, and I love it here.

Wins for Today
I had such a good day today. I was so at peace. I ate when I was hungry, but I so enjoyed the feeling of being full in my spirit and not distracted by being too full in my physical self. At snack time, my sister ate some cookies so I did too. Before I even ate the first bite I knew deep down that I really didn't want it. I know I have reached a new level in my heart because I ate a cookie wishing I was eating the fresh watermelon I had cut up in the refrigerator. I actually got to a place today where I would rather not eat than eat junk. HUMONGOUSLY HUGE BIG FAT ROCKING AWESOME WIN!

Nutritional Nugget
Say “YES” to monounsaturated fatty acids! This is a good fat that has been shown to reduce the fat around the mid section. You'll find this good fat in these sources: seeds, nuts, olives, olive oil, dark chocolate, and avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment