Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween FLOG

Guess how many pieces of Halloween candy I ate and didn't feel bad about it?

I've been doing excellent because it's effortless. When I used to be on any sort of weight reduction plan, I knew exactly how many days, hours, minutes, meals that I had cut back. I was aware of how much food I hadn't had. It's only been since last Wednesday, but I actually had to think a minute about when I started. The days have flown by. I truly have not even missed anything, and when opportunities arise to eat, I'm just like, "I really don't want that." And I don't eat it. I can't wait to weigh myself, but then again, yes I can wait. Weight loss seriously is no longer the main focus. It's a by product from the rest. I think that my heart finally caught up with the truth that I have learned. Grace made that switch in me and so far, I've been resting in contentment. It just feels so free to not need food. Last night I went to bed a little hungry satisfied in my soul that breakfast would come soon. Morning came for me about three hours before it came for the boys, and I actually had to make myself cook me something instead of getting started on the day just because I know I needed it. But I was content not to even eat. That is so amazing because it's like a brand new me now. For breakfast I made an omelet and oatmeal. That is also what I fed the little guys and they loved it too. It felt good to prepare such a good breakfast for the simple purpose that I value myself instead of valuing food. I know I've not "arrived," but I sure am enjoying this freedom. Freedom from food is a huge deal for me, but it's not just food. It is every area of my life. And I can honestly say it is not me. DUH, That must be why it's working.

Oh...I ate one piece of Halloween candy. ONE! Do you have any concept of how unlike the old me that is? I unwrapped another one, but then I thought, "I really don't want this." I mean I really didn't. Not for flab consequences, just because I didn't want it. I knew I could have it if I wanted, but I think I've finally filled that hole with something (Real Life) that I used to fill up with food.

Nutrition Nugget
In light of Halloween, let's talk about sugar.
World Health Organization says to limit sugars to 12 teaspoons or 48 grams a day. That is a WHOLE lot less than we get. Four grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon of sugar. One regular cola has 38 grams! So that's 9 1/2 teaspoons just from a coke. 1 bar of milk chocolate candy has 31 grams or almost 8 teaspoons. One bag of skittles has 47 grams. That basically takes the whole recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment