Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving... We Americans, have this great, huge holiday about food. That is really amazing. Government offices are closed to go eat. I know every holiday has food, but this one...WOW! We are thankful and we show it with feasting. I cannot help but like this one. Our Thanksgiving was really nice. We kept it simple and pressure free. We ate lunch at Nana's house. She cooks like I'm learning I love to live....simple, pressure free, low-fat, and delicious. A few years back at Thanksgiving, I made her sit down with me and tell me how she makes everything she makes. See, she has her menu and it never changes. You don't have to ask. We know what she's cooking. All of those things that represent Nana's cooking are in the cookbook. I typed it all up and gave it to my family for Christmas. So this year, for Thanksgiving, we were eating her caramel cake. I cannot describe in words its goodness. I was laughing as I remembered Nana telling me the recipe. I wrote down word for word what Nana said, so in the cookbook it reads: "Caramel Cake. Nana says not to put this in here because it is too hard to make." and then I added the recipe. So that story jarred Nana's memory, and she got out the cookbook to inform me that I had some really major typos in the book. I typed out 1/2 teaspoon of this or that when Nana only puts in 1/4 teaspoon. I'm going to have to have a second edition.

I ate a lot. I mean a whole lot. I enjoyed myself, but I didn't gorge myself. I could tell that things were different with me. I ate and was happy. I didn't feel guilty for overeating, and I didn't feel like I needed to stuff myself like I am a turkey just because it is Thanksgiving.

Nutritional Nugget:
The last time I checked, Americans gain an AVERAGE of seven pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That makes me glad that this year I'm resting instead of EATING (but still eating too.) ;)

Weight-loss Turkey:

No comments:

Post a Comment