Thursday, November 10, 2011

Testimony

I saw the following post on Bertie Britt's Facebook page. Perfectly stated! (They both said I could share this.)

This is a WONDERFUL TESTIMONY from - Roshan Roy Wow, hey bertie, you have no idea how the gospel has worked in me. I remember hearing one of your old messages and you addressed fat people trying to loose weight and you said acknowledging and seeing yourself in Christ in the way. I was a 106kgs or something and for my height 5 and a half feet or so thats heavy. Now when i listened to it like a coup...le of years ago i was wondering if this really works and if yes, how? To put it in a capsule it was contentment that came from the Gospel that empowered me to a condemnation free joyful life. I hit the gym not to get happy but already perfectly joyful. As a result, my workout wasnt a burden at all, there was no challenge that i was trying to win but was caught up with the Gospel and the aftereffect of it. I saw that the loosing weight part was not born of condemnation but out of a realization of being complete in Christ. So i wasn't waiting to get there to get happy or something. As a result i saw that my body responded to my diet and exercise like really quick that i knocked off 38kgs in like 3 months and had felt no effort at all. The huge task was reduced to nothing. My friends were amazed at this. The gym guys couldn't believe it. It kinda caused me some trouble though coz i was asked many questions regarding this when i went to share the gospel, i ended up sharing about weight loss and stuff :)

Nutritional Nugget: Asparagus

I've heard old timers refer to this as "spar grass." I've also heard them use this vegetable in lots of other funny little sayings that I'm too embarrass to post. Trust me though. It's funny!

Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies. Wayne grills them a lot and it's my favorite. My friend Beth made me a chicken and asparagus dish that has become one of my family favorites. I'm pretty sure she said it came from Paula Deen, but it has been adapted.

1. Brown chicken breast in a little olive oil.
2. Layer asparagus in the bottom of a dish.
3. Place the browned chicken on top.
4. Spread the following mixture on top of the chicken.: 1 can cream of chicken soup. 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. 1/2 cup fat free mayo. Pepper. (I like a lot of pepper.)

Asparagus is very nutritious. The following nutrition description came from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagus

Asparagus is low in calories and is very low in sodium. It is a good source of vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium and zinc, and a very good source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, rutin, niacin, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, potassium, copper, manganese and selenium,[16][17] as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.[citation needed] The amino acid asparagine gets its name from asparagus, as the asparagus plant is rich in this compound.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I am finding myself getting more effortless about this health stuff too, it's not so forced and about what I'm doing right/wrong or at least noticing where I am seeing lack instead of the truth.

    ReplyDelete