Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 38 Food For Thought: "Eat To Get It Out Of The Way."

Yesterday was Ben's birthday party. I had left little treat bags of silver and gold-wrapped chocolates for the party favor treasure chest at Nana's house. Nana was so funny. She said the candy was talking to her but she wouldn't eat any of it because she was afraid some little kid wouldn't get one. She, of course, got two bags. Today she was really funny as she told me never to leave her any candy again because she sat and ate the whole lot. She said grandpa used to say, “Eat to get it out of the way.” That must be in the genes. I feel that way too sometimes.

I want to change my thinking about that. If I am eating it just to get rid of it, then I am more valuable than the trash...enough said. IF it makes it in my house in the first place that is.

Wins for Today
Exercised. Yes. Ate well. Yes. Rested. Yes.

Nutritional Nuggets
Got lots of cucumbers from the garden? Slice some up and throw them in a pitcher of water. It gives it a nice fresh flavor. I always think of copperheads, though, because I have always heard copperheads smell like cucumbers. Oh well...tastes good anyway.

Cucumber sandwiches are also yummy. Slice them thin and spread them on a thin slice of bread (that you roll flat) or even a tortilla. Add fat free mayo or cream cheese, and dill or some ranch. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment