Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 39 Food For Thought: Baby Stepping To Bed

Ok....I'm going to have to give into sleep. Being sleep deprived is the culprit behind lots of my hiccups on the way.

I eat for energy I should be getting from sleep.

I do not feel like planning appropriately which gets me into trouble the next day.

It makes me more susceptible to being emotional. I struggle with emotional eating.

Instead of preparing foods as I should, I opt for quick fixes which sometimes are less nutritious.

I deal with stress less effectively. Stress is hazardous to health even and especially nutritional concerns.

I tend to want to sit around instead of exercise.

I am sure there are others. Ok ok ok....I'll take another baby step already!

Baby Step:
Get sleep. Try a bed time at or before 11:30. I know I could fail miserably at this sometimes, but I will still consider it a priority. (Insert sad face for my late night ponders here.)

Wins for Today:
Today was a good day, but an emotional one. I definitely boarded and rode a wild emotional roller coaster, but I didn't eat like it. I totally separated my emotions from my eating. That means I have come a long, long way. Also a special thanks to my “safe place to vent” friend. I cherish you for always helping me refocus on the light.

Nutritional Nugget:
I think I have mentioned this before, but I want to especially spotlight http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/ This is a great place to find a meal plan and also insert your own food diary to calculate how you compare to your recommendations. Muy LIKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment