Monday, February 27, 2012

Distraction #1: The Fat Distraction

I have to say that probably my biggest hindrance on this journey is the journey itself. Being fat and over eating is a constant reminder that I "need improving." Being self-conscious is to see where I fall short. Did you know that Adam and Eve were so God-conscious that they didn't even know they were naked. I'm aware that I am fat, and I wear clothes to cover it up. Obviously I am not as God-conscious as they were. When I feel yucky because of something fattening I ate, I remember my weight. When I take in too much sodium and my body swells just a tad so that my ring and pants feel tight, I remember my weight. When I feel like my body might burst after a short jog, I remember my weight. I carry this thing around with me all the time, and my five senses are very aware of the extra poundage. It is like I am more aware of what I experience with my senses than I am aware of oneness with my God. I'm sure its always difficult to break free from any bondage, but it does seem like the food factor is literally smacking me in the face as a constant reminder that I have issues. ...That's not the truth, but is sure is a big distraction for me. I begin to identify with it, and that is when I fall. Fall from grace. Fall from freedom. The struggle is letting go of that false identity even though I can feel and see the flab. The hard part is resting and being content. Yes, I have a constant, very heavy distraction. Yes, I still need to eat. I mean, we can't quit food cold turkey. There are opportunities for condemnation at least three squares a day. The feeling that I need fixing is the lack trap. Even though I'm fat-conscious at times, my heart is being persuaded of the truth. My behavior at the table is not an indicator of who I am. I lack nothing and I don't need fixing. There is freedom in being God-conscious, but I still think I'll keep my clothes on.

FLOG
1/2 cup coconut milk
Handful of nuts
1/2 cup of strawberries
3 oz Salisbury steak on 1/2 cup noodles
1/2 cups Peas & Carrots
1 Roll
LOTS OF WATER
A big honkin' apple
Baked BBQ chicken
Baked Beans
Mashed potatoes
....Then I fell in the trap called "Deprivation." I ate about three girl scout cookies then a brownie and ice cream. The yuck reminds me. Now Father, you show me your side of the story.

Nutritional Nugget
Cinnamon is so very cool. Not only is it tasty, research has been shown that cinnamon helps regulate the ol' blood sugar. Very nifty indeed. A cook at one of my facilities recently added cinnamon to the patients' lasagna. (She is one of those "as the spirit leads" cooks.) I would have never tried that. It was just a hint. Couldn't really taste it, but it really exaggerated the different flavors in the lasagna. Yum in the Tum!

No comments:

Post a Comment