Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm Giving Up

I give up.

I'm giving up trying to take credit for the fruit that will only come effortlessly from intimacy with my creator. What I mean is, I never want to take credit for "good" behavior that is producing weight loss. I want weight loss to be the effect of what happens from having a relationship with my Father. Out of that intimacy and freedom, the weight loss will come effortlessly.

I'm giving up feeling "bad" about my physical being and behaviors that keep the weight on. No more guilt for me. I am happy right here, even if I never lost or gained another pound. Weight is not the issue for me any more. I desire freedom. Gosh, I was doing everything so backwards. Now I think I finally see.

I'm giving up control. It's actually stupid to think I can do anything. My job is to rest. The more I give up, the more God's reality manifests in my life. Translation: The more weight I lose without trying.

I'm giving up rebellion. I'm not going to "fight" the urge to take over and try doing stuff myself. Trying to force myself to produce fruit. Trying to MAKE myself lose weight. Rebellion just means that you still believe in that thing you are fighting. I'm giving up the imaginary.

When "I" started doing, fighting, and self-controlling, "I" landed right in the middle of prIde. And I fell. Pride comes before the fall and it did. Now that I've found myself stuck in the miry clay of comfort carbs and overeating, humility teaches me that it's time "I" give up.

Nutritional Nugget:
Wayne made a great healthful, quick meal tonight. Just a simple stir-fry, but something we forget about a lot.

Chicken breast cut into pieces and seasoned with spices. Sauteed in a bit of oil like olive or coconut. Then add in some cooked veggies. Serve over brown rice. Yummy, pretty, and low calorie. The boys love stir-fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment