Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feeding Reality M.E.

This morning I woke up grumpy. It's my own fault. I stayed up too late last night pondering on my blog. (Fun you get for the fun you have.) I was grumpy and actually thought to myself, "I do not have the energy to "be good." I'm going to have to blow it for my own sanity." Then just like that, the strength came riding in on a revelation that I am not who my flesh says I am. As a child of the Most High, I will not allow circumstances to dictate/control my behaviors. I actually believe that because I "gave up" first thing this morning, today ended up being a very good day. I've had good days in a row before, but something is definitely different. The amazing thing is that every other time I've had a burst of energy to run this race because of something revealed to me, the excitement seems to dwindle as the days progress. I become distracted with my life I created. Every time I ate today, I was so encouraged and empowered because I'm not allowing "her" to pick my food choices. The freedom is more addicting than any comfort food I've ever put in my mouth. The real me was fed today too. I love my long commutes because I get two hours a day of Word, quiet time, and worship. When I have a choice to eat something, I remind myself who it is I'm eating for. This decision is easy now that I recognize even more that I am not fighting "her." I just choose for today who I will serve and what I will serve Reality me. This feels easy and it works for me. But grace is not a magic potion. A relationship with him allows us to allow him to meet us right where we are. When we rest in him, he carries us where we need to go. It's a rest of our mind...a total trust. I am ready to forget "her." Already looking forward to feeding me tomorrow. Reality M.E., that is. It was a little scary to think I might live without "her." I was very protective because I made her. I desire freedom more than I desire trying to keep her alive. There is no struggle any more. How can I struggle with something imaginary?

FLOG
I ate a ham and cheese wrap to the tune of 270 calories.
Sissy coffee.
3 oz of hamburger steak. 1/2 small potato. A roll. 1/4 cup of yummy macaroni salad. unsweet tea.
Water and lots of it.
A few sips of sweet tea.
2 apples.
1 string cheese.
I went walking.
Grocery shopping and I did NOT get Krispy Kremes even though I went VERY hungry. I didn't even have a desire for them and last week, they were like my favorite thing even if I wasn't hungry.
I bought feta cheese for a salad I was intending to eat when I got home. I got home very late. I had assumed everyone would have already eaten....Well, I didn't eat a salad. Wayne was waiting on me to get home so we could eat together. We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and yummy green beans. So sweet.

Nutritional Nugget
March is National Nutrition Month! Straight from eatright.org "Simple Tips From Registered Dietitians Make It Easy to 'Get Your Plate in Shape' This National Nutrition Month"

"Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean proteins and low-fat dairy products contain the nutrients we need to maintain healthy lifestyles," says registered dietitian and Academy Spokesperson Andrea Giancoli. "Make sure your eating plan includes foods from all the food groups and in appropriate portions. USDA's MyPlate is a great tool to guide and help us be mindful of the foods that make up our balanced eating plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment