Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Suit

I haven't taken time to post, but it is not because I have writer's block. I keep getting awesome-(to-me) things to share, but I continually choose things like sleep over my dear digital counselor. I decided tonight I need to get a few things out before visiting dream land even if that is currently my favorite place to "rest."

Here are a few tidbits of light that i have been walking in the last little bit...

"Appetite is a form of getting." (sigh) "Getting" implies that I have a need or lack. The truth is I lack nothing. I've been given all things. But I still am "feeding" something.

I literally feel like I'm WEARING something that doesn't belong to me. (BIG WIN.) But it is still not something I can throw off over night. I'm content, but I also see more everyday that this thing I wear is not me. ....Not the REAL me.

I know better. Yes, I do. I KNOW that I can't do it. Do you know what I've been DOING? I've been trying to use grace to get-er-done myself. That is crazy-inappropriate. I'm so sorry. Grace is not a tool. HE is a being.

But tonight, I realize that I have analyzed and diagnosed myself literally toward death. As I wake up more and more to his sweet truth, I realize that the reason I wear this cushiony skin is not the issue. It just doesn't matter why or how. I've been trained to find the problem and present a solution. That's my job. All day long I write things like: "Involuntary weight gain related to excessive calorie-dense foods as evidenced by 7% significant weight increase in one month." Well...I do this to myself. I've found LOTS of reasons for my weight. Even though they are valid, they really do not matter. It's a form of focusing on an imaginary thing. It's not me and that's it. I know I will realize this more and more. Even now I still feel a bit of a strain between my mindsets...old man verses new man. Flesh verses Spirit. I keep wanting to do/try/get with my own effort...own revelations...own magic potion formula. (Audrey, please quit it for real.)

Even though I know I'm not all the way awake, I think I'm stirring. This week I have exercised almost everyday. I'm craving more healthy stuff. I chose more water. Why? Because I wanted to. No effort about it. Oh, I wasn't perfect. I know I also ate stuff that would not promote weight loss. I don't have a perfect handle on all this, but I do know that the more I wake up to real truth and just quit trying myself, the easier and sweeter this old winter suit will melt right off for the spring time.

Nutritional Nugget:
So apparently strapping on those yoga pants for more than just the elastic band after a full meal is beneficial for glucose control. Yep. Yoga helps diabetics. I really like yoga (and the pants) although it's been a while since I've attended a class. Yoga is a great stress-reliever and great exercise. Both are things needed for a diabetic. Did I ever tell you that sometimes stress can elevate a blood sugar worse than chocolate covered oatmeal cream pie? A person with diabetes partaking in physical activity like this should take the usual precautions by checking the glucose levels to see how the new activity is affecting their blood sugar. Protect feet. Avoid getting too hot. (Hot Yoga is probably not a good idea for a diabetic. Check with the MD.)
I have these pants! My favorite. It sounds cooler saying, "Yoga pants" than, "stay-at-home-mom, favoritest, fat pants ever!"


Nutritional Nugget Reference from: "Today's Dietitian." Vol 14. No. 1. January 2012. Jennifer Van Pelt, MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment