Monday, February 13, 2012

Stress eating is an old habit. It seems like the more stress, the bigger desire to eat comfort foods. Today the stars were definitely lining up to resurrect some of those old-nature desires. Work was stressful times three. To make matters worse, I didn't get much sleep last night which makes my body think I need to eat to get energy. AND I was disappointed I had to cancel my party due to the threat of snow. There was definitely a perfect storm of emotions brewing up to make me want to run for comfort yummies. I know my appetite was heightened. Even though I had a few peanut valentine M&Ms, I did not choose food to bring balance to my emotions. The best part is that even though I did "good"(....whatever that means,)it is the freedom from food that pleases me. The fact that I was able to separate eating from the circumstances of this day gives me even more confidence in resting. Rest Works! Still the biggest struggle is staying in rest and not trying to take over. As soon as I agree with my flesh that "I" can do it, I fall flat on my squishy rear end. Today I remembered who it is I really am, and I'm thankful it has nothing to do with me.

FLOG
6 saltines.
1 slice cheese.
Water.
Coffee---extra sissy.
1/2 cup sauerkraut.
1/2 cup turnip greens.
1 piece of cornbread.
1 cup of beans.
1/4 cup of diabetic cherry cobbler.
1 apple.
Unsweet tea.
A few Valentine peanut M&Ms.
Water Water Water
A big honkin' beautiful salad with some crispy chicken on top. And it is just what the doctor ordered.

Nutritional Nugget: Turmeric
I read once (sorry I can't remember the source but I'm pretty sure it was "Today's Dietitian" magazine like 8 years ago) that Turmeric is a functional food that helps decrease inflammation. If I remember correctly, the study was particularly beneficial for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment