Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Turning

I didn't feed "her" today. I'm still aware she is there, and still having trouble "turning my eyes upon Jesus. Look full in his wonderful face. And the (imaginary distractions/)things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace." But I didn't feed her! She threw a fit for some stuff. I reminded myself, "There is no spoon." I don't want to keep feeding my distraction no matter how hard she kicks and screams. (Gosh, do I sound Schizo or what?) For those not exactly up-to-date, The "Her-distraction" I'm referring to is my Old nature that I just am having a hard time letting go. Previous posts might help this make more sense.

FLOG: (Food-Log)
3/4 cups of homemade, yummy in my tummy, whole wheat pancakes with small amount of syrup.
1 cup orange juice.
Coffee....SISSIED UP!
An apple.
3 oz pulled pork with BBQ sauce.
Corn on the cob.
1/2 cup baked beans.
3/4 cup potato salad.
Water. Water. Water. and more Water.

Yep, a bit hungry before bed, but joy comes in the morning! Ha Ha!

Nutrition Nugget:
I chose what I ate today with carbohydrate portions in mind. I know I've posted about carbs before, but here is a friendly reminder. All carbs are not created equally. The more whole the food, the better for you. Carb foods will come from milk, fruit, and starches like grains, corn, peas, and beans. Veggies have some too, but its quite a bit lower and usually the carb is more fiber. As always, portion sizes are important. I posted a list of portion sizes back in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment