Thursday, September 8, 2011

Choose Life

Thinking on this with everything I choose to eat and NOT eat....Choose Life!


Today's Flog
I have decided to change the meaning of Flog from "Fat-Log" to "Food-Log" I think this is a more healthful choice since I'm all about "choosing" today. I am considering posting everything I taste, lick, and chew right here on this little floggy bloggy. I'm not sure if I'll stick to it, but I like to think I will. I realize this is for my benefit and may be a truly boring addition, but I have come to realize that things unchecked go undone with me. Writing each and every calorie I intake will help me to "SEE" what I eat. I highly recommend keeping a flog for yourself. Also, I recommend confessing your weight to someone you trust. There is liberty in shedding the light. Maybe he or she could even become your accountability buddy (whatever that means to you.)

1 cup orange juice
Big mug full of coffee--sissy style.
(Belly Growl! YAY!)
Loaded baked potato with broccoli and a half of glass of sweet tea.
Wayne made homemade potato soup. I ate like 2 1/2 cups or something crazy and a piece of cornbread. I drank water. And I drank 2 cups of skim milk.
Um...I realize this is a terrible day. I worked today so it just worked out that way. Hopefully more green and leafies tomorrow. Today was 1425 calories, 40 grams protein, and 10 grams of fiber. Calories are about right even though it was not very balanced in food groups today.

The tracker: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
There is a light blue box on the right that says, "I want to..." To get started entering your daily intake, choose "Analyze my diet." Choose "Assess Your Food Intake." Type in something you ate and click "search." Choose the food that fits. Continue doing this until your whole day is entered. Then click the "Select Quantity" button and enter the food portions you ate. Then click, "Save and Analyze" and choose the calculations you want to look at. This is a helpful tool.


Nutritional Nugget: Celiac Disease

Celiac Disease is a genetic condition that affects our intestines when our immune system reacts to a protein called gluten found in grains such as wheat, rye, and barley. Damage to the small intestines means our body has difficulty absorbing nutrients. This can sometimes cause more nutrient deficiencies. Symptoms of Celiac Disease include: gas, diarrhea, stomach pain, fatigue, joint pain, weight loss, itchy skin rash, lactose intolerance, stool that float and smell really bad. The treatment is to eat a gluten-free diet to allow the intestines to heal. That means avoid all flour made from wheat and the other grains that cause the immune response.

No comments:

Post a Comment