Monday, September 19, 2011

Sittin' Skinny

So I weighed myself a few days ago and it said(cue drum role,) I've lost like 40ish pounds. Um....don't get too excited. My jeans just out of the dryer are still a little clingy. Forty pounds should have made a big difference. I think the boys must have messed with the calibration. I do think I have lost some. I still continue to try to make more healthful things and search my soul when I fill like stuffing my face, but here is the deal... I've been thinking I've not been doing well. I am almost trying to put any sort of weight loss plan out of my mind. I haven't been writing down everything like I intended, but today I did. I even added it to my food diary tracker, and I discovered I'm not doing so terribly after all. I decided during worship that focusing on my good Daddy and strengthening my relationship with him is a whole lot more pleasant than counting calories. I don't want to make my body nor the lack of food I feed it an alter. Tomorrow I intend to be fully aware of where I am seated and it is not here in this overweight flub-o-sphere. Did you ever wonder why people dream they are skinny? (A BFF recently had a very important God-dream about me that she started off saying we were skinny. LOL! YES! I knew it!!!!) I believe it is because we ARE! The real us, the perfect us, is who we really are. I won't be fat in heaven and that's where my "not-so-big" butt is sitting! That means I must awaken to the reality. Skinny, seated, and sedentary (LOL!) in heavenly places. What a great place to be!

FLOG
Today I had coffee with creamer.
Two mini homemade flax, carrot, and apple muffins (recipe to follow)
Spinach Fettucini Alfredo (recipe to follow)
Fruit tea
And then some friends decided to bring us pizza AND I drank a coke...Wha?!?!?! I thought I was on a weight loss diet?????
I dreaded tallying up the ol' pointies. But guess what? Not as bad as I thought. Thank goodness I chose super healthy the first part of the day.....1430 calories! Yes and Yes!

Nutritional Nugget
Still doing colon health so I'm giving you two dandy little recipes I made today.
Bran Flax Muffins
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
2 apples, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup nuts, chopped
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in carrots, apples,m raisind and nuts. Combine milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Pour together and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Yeilds 15 muffins.

Sooo...I didn't realize until I typed this out that I forgot to add raisins and nuts. It was still good. Also, I think you could use any ground flax although I'm pretty sure flaxseed meal is cheaper and is the same stuff. I didn't shred the carrots and apples. (Do people who make up these recipes really believe moms will do all that effort?) What I did was save the solid gunk from when I juiced apples and carrots. Worked out extremely well. More bang for the buck.

Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo
(I remember loving this easy recipe when Fabulous Mrs. Flemming and I made it about 12 years ago...I think that is how it went. (Nicole please confirm.) I haven't made it sense because I also remember Wayne NOT liking it as much as we girly girls did. I decided to try it for my three little Waynes. They. Loved. It! YAY! (Well, Ben didn't eat it very well, but he is two and ....well you know.) After eating it today, I recalled that Nicole said grilled chicken added to it would be especially wonderful. I concur! This is so easy and so high in fiber-goodness.

12 ounces Fettuccini
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 cup water
6 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or 3 cubes
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

In a large pot, cook the noodles as the package directs. Add the spinach to the water during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain in a colander and set aside. In the same pot over medium heat, combine water, cream cheese, bouillon, and nutmeg. Stir constantly until cheese is melted. Add fettucine and spinach. Mix well. Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and parmesean cheese. Makes 6, 1-cup servings.
295 calories, 8 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber.

I got whole grain noodles that had lots of fiber. I didn't have chicken bouillon so I used beef and it was still good. I never add nutmeg. Especially Jack really loved this! I ate until I was stuffed and it was only about 1 1/2 cups. My belly growled before pizza, so I know I didn't over do it.

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot!! Take that 40 pounds and celebrate your victory. You are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete