Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 55 Food For Thought: Comfort Carbs with Hormone Soup

Still in that tug-of-war state of presence, but I've been enlightened. The only thing I can blame this dip in the journey on is that I'm wanting comfort carbs with my big bowl of hormonal soup. Sometimes, ladies, that just happens. I've entered the short time zone when I tear up at On-star commercials and happily-ever-after animations. ...This too will pass in probably three to five days.

I look forward to the days my flesh comes back in line with my real-me/skinny me desires. I like it better when my body works for me--when we are on the same team. This morning on the way to work, I so wanted to stop and indulge in some old habits. I'm happy I decided to discuss this with myself first. Those tasty saturated fats would not be worth it. I don't feel deprived. I just feel like I took a detour around a regret. At times like these when I'm glaring into the past, (the opposite direction of where Skinny Me is headed,) I feel like I'm dragging myself along. My flesh is like a distracted little kid. I feel like I'm walking along holding hands with a kid who decides they don't want to walk forward anymore. They get distracted and start looking and twisting everywhere or grow weary from walking and drag their feet so that you have to carry them by one arm. The distraction becomes more noticeable than the path, but you still travel forward.

I am the boss of this body! I will NOT be lead by my flesh (anymore.) "Yes, I'll have a bowl of hormonal soup with a large side of anything deep-fried and a whole chocolate cake." No, no, no! Straighten up, Youngun!

Wins For Today:
At least there is now a reason. I am disciplining my flesh. Flesh just wants to check to see who is in charge. I respond with a salad.

Nutritional Nugget:
Here's an old party trick. I don't know why, but it seems to work. If you know you have eaten your fill, but there are still too many tempting munchies? Brush your teeth. For some reason the hint of minty freshness makes you not want to eat anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment