Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 54 Food For Thought: Chips and Roller Coaster Dip

I am driving myself crazy. I do not know what I want. I have a plan that Fat Me doesn't feel like following today. I eat salad and dream of saturated fats that deep down I know I do not want. I am in a tug of war with myself. I, the real me, the deep down me, desires weight loss and the good choices that accompany it. The flesh-driven fat me is craving overeating like it wants to gain weight. What in the world?

Sometimes this journey seems more like a roller coaster ride than a walk. Thankfully the peeks and valleys seem to be growing farther apart and leveling out. The past day or two has been a bit of a struggle with my flesh. I feel like I've come off the peek that I've been on for weeks and starting to take a dip. I'm content. (I keep checking myself.) I don't want junk because of some turbulent or exhilarating outside circumstance affecting my emotions. I have been sleepy, and I know that always influences my want of food. I really do not have a rhyme or a reason. All I know is that I've been thinking about things like hot fudge cakes instead of green smoothies. I'm still choosing the green-smoothie type options, but I'm having to watch myself because my heart just isn't in it today. My body is remembering old habits and desires. I'm not in a wrong state of mind or anything. I just am food-focused today. All I can say is, Thank God for a plan in place and his grace to keep me where I, the real me, wants to be.

Wins for today.
Well, I'm choosing the straight-and-narrow even though I feel like I'm on the fat-and-bendy. Taking the first exit OFF!

Nutritional Nugget
I read once (not sure where) that chewing gum increases appetite because of mouth stimulation. I'm not sure on the accuracy of that, but it is something to consider. There may be some of us out there who find that we do desire food more when we chew gum more. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment