Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 58 Food For Thought: The Supersized Woman

I am not sure what to say or even think about this.... All I know is that this does not make me happy. I am sad that she says she enjoys what I would call bondage if I was in her shoes. I cannot judge her motives or heart, but for this single mother to make arrangements for her two sons "if" she gets ill from her weight gain must disrupt the peace in her family. I am tired of "pondering" on people's decisions that are none of my business, but something about this article pricked my heart. I can't help but feel like she is desecrating her body. I know I can only see her through the eyes of my own circumstances. It just feels like she is wrapped in bondage, and I am truly sad about that.


One day of her food diary....(I'm amazed. I really am.)

Breakfast: 6 x eggs scrambled, cooked in butter 468 cals. 1/2 pound bacon 1,168 cals, 4 x potatoes as hash browns 672 cals, 6 x pieces toast with butter 600 cals, 32 ounce cream shake 1,160 cals. Snacking 1 x bag of animal cookies 1,950 cals, 2litre bottle of soft drink 800 cals, 1 x 10.5 ounce bag of barbecue flavour crisps 1,650 cals, 3 x ham and cheese sandwiches 1,576 cals.

Lunch: 3 x beef, bean and green chilli burritos with 1 x cup of sour cream 1,453 cals. Salad (1 head lettuce, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup carrots, 1 cucumber, 1/2 cup ranch dressing, bacon bits, 1 cup crumbled cheese, 1 cup chicken 1,479 cals.

Dinner: 12 x filled tacos + 1 x cup sour cream 4,906 cals, 2litre bottle of soda 800 cals, Dessert 8 x scoops vanilla ice cream 2,080 cals, 1 x small pan of brownies 1,200 cals.

Total: 21,962 calories

This is more than TWICE what I would need in a WHOLE WEEK! Surely there is more to life than eating.....Do I really, really, really, way-down-deep believe that?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026964/Susanne-Emans-bid-worlds-fattest-woman-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html#ixzz1VXdlbDvk

Wins for Today
I ate a big beautiful breakfast. I was very hungry for it. I ate a lot, but for no other reason except that I really wanted it. There were no emotional "needs" attached. It was tasty, and I was hungry (period.) Then I met a dear friend for lunch. I was not hungry. I got a beverage and had a nice visit. That was fill enough for me. Then I went to see my fabulous aunt and uncle. They wanted take-out from town. I glared at that menu, but just had no desire for the calories. I did not order me anything. (This is a big deal for me.) Basically, I am learning to take cues from my body instead eating because it is socially acceptable or because it is just the time to eat, etc.

Nutritional Nugget:

Smoothie Tips....
Okay, so I don't have one of those fancy-shmancy smoothie machines. It usually takes using my food processor, and blender, and a ginormous, speckledy-green mess everywhere, and I mean everywhere, until I get my alligator juice. So I've come up with a few less-messy and time-saving processes.

My little kitchen motors just didn't love my frozen fruits. They just didn't. So I allowed my fruit to thaw after my kitchen aids screamed and screeched at me. As soon as it thawed, I pureed it up nice and pretty and refroze it in portion-sized freezer bags. I also went ahead and mashed my bananas that were turning and froze those the same way. I pureed up the fresh spinach, lemon, and agave nectar and froze it in ice trays then put it in freezer bags. So now all I have to do it is use my one blender, throw in a couple spinach cubes, a bag of mixed fruit, a bag of banana and any other goodness I want. Works like a charm and incredibly faster and less messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment