Sunday, September 11, 2011

Escaping from mind jail.

I can only feel free if I know it....

I haven't been acting free. I'm still feeling deprived a little bit. I need to ponder over my steps on this journey to get my mind focused back on the escape plan instead of the bondage. That is to say, I need to reread my posts. I hate being in bondage, especially to food. The truth is that we are already free from the flesh that weighs us down and causes us to need stretchy pants and crave donuts. I am only free if I know it. Being in bondage in our mind produces in our bodies. Concentrating on the thing that weighs us down keeps us where we don't want to be. It is like holding on to bars in a jail cell so close and tight that the bars are all I see. If I would just let go and take a step back, I would see that the stone walls have been removed already. If I take a step back and get a different perspective, I can see the solution I so desperately want while I'm holding up those bars. I will recover my sight, remember whose I am, and that he made me enough, and I lack nothing. (Wow. Just typing that out made me remember.) When I know that I have been given all things, why would I want to choose anything but life. Just like Luke Mitchell said..."Me and Jesus went to Wal-mart. We could get anything we wanted, but Jesus didn't get donuts. He got broccoli, so I got salad." Choose life. Step back and enjoy the freedom.

FLOG!!!!
I can't remember what I ate today. I need to do better writing it down if I'm going to calculate it. I mostly just snacked here and there like maybe eating a cracker when I got one for a boy or something. I never actually had a whole meal, but I ate. Supper was yummy homemade red beans and rice.


Nutritional Nugget: Crohn's Disease

Crohn's disease is also known as Inflammatory Bowel Disease. It usually affects the intestines, but can really occur in any part of the GI tract. It is a nasty, little, immune-response condition that causes inflammation of the intestines. (OUCH!) We do not know what causes it nor have a cure. Even the treatment for it varies among patients. Sometimes the pain is worse for some than others. Some people have it constantly. Some have flare-ups.

I've had several patients and a really great cousin who have this. Usually a patient would be on TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) which means we feed them directly into their veins so their bowels can rest. Sometimes it requires surgery to remove part of the GI tract.

For a more detailed, We-really-have-no-clue explanation of this strange disease down in our depths, go to: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001295/


Hey! By the way, does anybody have one of those "voodoo" (as I like to call it) books that tell the emotional issue associated with the disease, I would love for you to comment. Why would one get Chron's Disease? I personally believe it has more to do with stress and emotional health than nutrition. Who knows???? Either way, it would be interesting to see.

2 comments:

  1. I have one of those voodoo books, but it's still packed in a box, lol. I have read the gut is like a second mind...all emotions are filtered through the nerves of the stomach just like the brain and so many issues are gut issues because of toxic emotions!! I believe it! Just think about butterflies, nerves, anxiety and how you feel it in your stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather! That is really good and sure does bear witness with me. I would venture to say that peeps with crohn's are way too hard on themselves. Thank you for sharing that! Lots to think about!

    ReplyDelete