Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 17 Food For Thought: Dear Skinny Me

Ok, here it is! I finally feel free enough to do this.... (Freedom = Win)

Dear Skinny Me,
I cannot wait to see you again with my physical eyes. I think of you often. I'm sorry I ignored you and treated you like you never existed when you were right here with me all along. Knowing you will be so worth this journey no matter what hurdles may get in the way. I know the closer I get to you, the better I will feel because I feel you calling me to meet you. I know you have more energy. I know your clothes fit you well and you have more cute clothes options. I will enjoy your presence, and never forget your existence when we meet again. Why don't you come meet me half way? That will make this journey a lot quicker. What are your favorite foods? What does your daily diet look like? What is your favorite thing about food? What do you like to do for exercise? Nothing is worth doing that to you again. Life is too short not to walk in your shoes. I like this walk, but I look forward to walking it with you. No matter how long it takes to find you, I will continue to enjoy this journey. Write soon and often.
Love,
Fat Me.

Today's Wins
Audrey: 0. Family Reunion Picnic at the Park: 55,006
...well, I guess I could drum up some things. I did throw some food away. I hate thinking that is a win because it feels wasteful, but at least I was not the living garbage disposal at the family reunion. I guess I could add that I did not eat dessert, and when I got to the end of the buffet line, I still had space on my plate for some good ol' southern comfort foods and decided I really did not want them. Although these are wins, I could write a book about “Today's Room for Improvements.” Another (secret) win....I saw a pretty and lean cousin machine, and I wasn't jealous but inspired. If she can do it, I can too! I like being in the right mind. Right mindedness is so worth the weight!

Nutritional Nugget:
Water follows sodium. Too much sodium means too much fluid, and it can be hard on us especially with issues like high blood pressure. Reducing sodium in our diet can bring off some of that sluggish water weight. The last I checked, Americans get an average of 6,000 mg a day when we really could do with only 2,000 mg. Try to avoid the salt shaker. Cook with herbs and spices instead of salt when possible. Rinse off canned veggies and add new water before cooking. Eat more fresh foods and less processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment