Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 34 Food For Thought: Romans On The Road

Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. Romans 8:5-8 The Message.

Wins for Today
I cleaned out my pantry. Long. Time. Coming. I can make better choices when I know what I have. It is amazing how a clean pantry makes me feel.

Nutritional Nugget
A single cup of ice cream has more fat than a hamburger and more cholesterol than 10 glazed donuts. How about fruit for dessert instead? This would increase fiber, not to mention vitamins, which is also a plus for the cholesterol-lowering diet. My favorite fruity dish is fruit salad. I like it best made a day ahead so the flavors meld. No matter what fruit I throw in, I also add pineapple. For some reason I like how the enzymes for that blend the flavors together. I have also mixed the fruit sald with a little bit of yogurt. It is really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment