Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 31 Food For Thought: A Royally Frosted Blunder

I realized some pretty important lessons today, and as I sat down to type more came out of me than I realized. My eating choices were superb all day long, but as I drove home late from the store, I ate some donuts I bought. (Insert Debbie Downer sound here.) I drove the rest of the way really beating myself up about it. After a long while, it dawned on me that I sabotaged myself. I still apparently have issues in my heart that is making me mess up when I have made progress. I didn't mess up too badly especially when considering how well I had done that day.
There are some things I must rewrite in my heart. We always come back to where our heart is. Kind of like a fishing bobber. (Is that how you spell “bobber?”) No matter how deep the bobber goes under water, its nature is to come back to the surface. No matter how well I do, my heart will bring me to where I have conditioned it to live.

Another thing I realized is that I made the blunder my focus. I really believe I messed up when in reality if I truly believe I am free, it would be impossible for me to fail. That is really something I will have to meditate on for a while. I will go where my focus is. Have you ever tried walking in a straight line or drive in a straight line and your attention gets focused on something slightly to the left? Where do we end up when that happens? Of course to the left. I must realize the truth about this situation and that is the truth of my higher reality. Focusing on my blunder will only lead to more blunders. Stay the course.

Until I realized my mistake was not as big as I was making it, I was really feeling bad about myself. I fell into the mental trap of condemnation and self accusation. I wriggled free but only after realizing that the right-minded moments are growing bigger and the bondage-thinking is less and less these days. That is a big win.

Wins for Today
I got a glimpse of some dust bunnies in the hidden places of my heart, and now I know areas to call in the maid. My right-minded moments are present for longer amounts of time. I fell, but I got up, and I'll get back up tomorrows.

Nutritional Nugget
The American Heart Association recommends a maximum daily cholesterol intake of 300 mg per day. If you already have high cholesterol, you need to stay below 200 mg. One egg yolk contains 213 mg of cholesterol. There are products such as egg beaters that are egg whites. Try changing your cooking method to scramble egg whites only or maybe with only one yolk. Remember to avoid trans fats and limit saturated fats to less than 10 grams. Be sure to read the food labels and always note the serving size under “Nutrition Facts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment