Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 26 Food For Thought: Casting Down the Care/Weight

Day 26 was a good day, but at the end of it I realized I was not at rest. I had picked up a load of cares of this world and didn't realize how much attention I was giving it. I was making it really heavy in my heart. I was doing things like talking and movie fast. I was hyper. My thoughts were bouncing around in my head like a ping pong ball. I got a revelation while taking a shower that I addressed in my Trophy Life blog, http://here2trophylife.blogspot.com Basically I realized that when I forget where I am, (seated in heavenly places,) then I get overwhelmed with what I THINK is reality.

I keep getting this image of a still pool of water. When it is at rest, I can see clearly, but when I drop a big brick in it...even a little pebble, I cannot see at all because of the rippling waves. I have been asking for clarity. Father jerked my butt up out of that narrow-minded perspective and allowed me to take a gander at the big picture. I almost lost my breath. It was hard to release what I had been gripping so tightly, but in the end of the moment there was rest. I literally felt weight lift off my shoulders. This is a new beginning of learning to cast off my cares by focusing on what matters. When I focus on my physical appearance, that is narrow-minded. When I focus on the real me from Father's perspective, that is reality. That is rest. That is clarity.

Today's Wins
I planned. Planning is such a preventative measure of practicality for weight loss. I knew that tonight I would cook a dinner for some lovely guests including a chocolate fountain. So today, I ate very light. I ate enough to keep up my metabolism, but careful to choose lower calorie-dense foods. This isn't really in balance. It would be better to eat about the same amount all the time, but this is still normal eating. I also planned for extra veggies to have more goodness to fill up on before taking a dip in the fountain. We had salad, baked sweet potatoes, and roasted cabbage, carrots, zucchini and broccoli. I also made a chicken dish with whole asparagus. It was way good! Yummmmm! Eating healthy does not have to taste like cardboard. Knowing how to prepare foods well makes you crave the good stuff. By the way, Iron Man traded bathroom duty for kitchen duty, so he actually prepared most of it. Gotta love Iron Man Chef.

Nutritional Nugget
Other ways to boost the HDL Cholesterol or the “healthy” cholesterol is to quit smoking or being around smoke. Smoking is not good for cholesterol plus it damages the arteries which increases risk for heart disease even more.

Moderate alcohol consumption can reduce it. However excessive alcohol can make it worse. An occasional four ounces of wine has been shown to improve the cholesterol numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment