Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 19 Food For Thought: I See London! I See France!

So on this 19th Day of the journey, I upgraded my stay-at-home mom clothes for some going out jeans and what I think is a cool shirt. I was THRILLED when I pulled on the jeans. It has been a short while since I have worn them. They were loose, and I was so excited that I had obviously lost weight. I went to pick up Wayne, then we headed to our dinner date. I had been lounging on the couch for a while when Wayne came and sat across from me. Then he said, “Did you know your pants are ripped?” Suddenly I did recognize a draft. Oh this wasn't just a small rip. This rip went from zipper to knee and all around to places that was just wrong to expose. How could I miss that? Then he said, “Where did you buy those pants because a few days ago my pants ripped just like that!” I examined the britches more closely. They were Wayne's pants!

Despite the humiliation, I was inspired to really start making better decisions. Feeling like I had really lost inches tasted so sweet!

Wins for Today
Still making those small choices that seem small, but equal decreased calories which means weight loss. Choosing water instead of a caloric drink will save about 150 calories. Choosing no sauce on the sandwich. Stopping at the first sign of satisfaction. I still have MANY miles to go, but slow and steady WIN WIN WIN.

Nutritional Nugget
Zucchini = YUM! We've been getting the extra produce from Pa Pa and Nana's garden. WOOP! Lately I'm a bit addicted to sautéing sliced zucchini in a little olive oil with an herb mix that is mainly made up of rosemary. Once I even tossed on some grated Parmesan cheese. It was definitely dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment